24.10.2017 at 14:39:00

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
(Read 18 times)
Williamhawk24

I Love YaBB 2!

Automate API or GUI testing?
09.10.2017 at 11:59:31

Hi all,

I am new here on this forum so I would like to take a few seconds to introduce myself. My name is Ben and I have been working for 10 years in the testing field as a Test Consultant. In the last year of my career I am involved in a Scrum team as a tester developing an ERP-like application running on .NET with a SOA architecture. During my time in this environment we would love to implement automated testing for regression testing purposes. Due to the fact that I never was heavily involved with implementing test automation I am doubting which apporach we should use (API automation or GUI automation).

Like stated before, the involved application is a desktop application of which the GUI is developed in .NET and it involves services for communication between the client and the server. So in this case API and GUI automation are both possible options to implement. However I was curious which apporach is better?

Please help.

Thanks!

I did not find the right solution from the Internet.

References:http://www.sqaforums.com/forums/general-discussion/155046-automate-api-gui-testi...

infographic videos

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1