Vanhat Leeds-pelurit

Hei Siellä,

Takavuosien suosikkipelaajani John Sheridan on palannut Managerihommiin - nyt Plymouthissa.

Mutta miksi kenellekään ei kelpaa David O´Leary - eikö kortistossa jonottaminen ala jo maistumaan puulta?

...e

Ex-player Brian Greenhoff tuumailee painoongelmiaan uran aikana. Itse muistan kun joskus 80 -luvulla heppu
pelasi tovin Ropsissa ja Turun legendaarisella Kupittaalla "kirmaili" laiskanpulskea ex- maajoukkuepelaaja.

Pullukka toki teki maalin mutta ei pahemmin auttanut TPS:n kylvettäessa 5-1.

Brian Greenhoff: England defender reveals struggle with weight issues
Former Manchester United, Leeds and England defender Brian Greenhoff has revealed that weight issues affected him during his playing career.

He told BBC Radio Manchester's In The Spotlight programme that he even resorted to making himself sick on occasions, in order to manage his weight.

"I put my fingers down my throat a few times," admitted Greenhoff.

"I wanted to be the right weight. I didn't want to be overweight."

Play mediaGreenhoff, now 59, was a member of Manchester United's 1977 FA Cup-winning team, won 18 England caps and later played for and managed Rochdale.

He had weight problems early in his career, which resurfaced when he moved to Elland Road in 1979.

Greenhoff continued: "I still enjoyed my weekends - that was the time I used to let my hair down because I'd worked hard for it.

"At Leeds, they used to weigh us on a Monday morning. I'd have weighed the players on a Friday, because if you're half a stone overweight on a Friday, you wouldn't be playing on the Saturday.

"We didn't have dieticians in our day.

"I always ate before a match. I used to have to tea, toast and jam.

"Some of the other lads were getting stuck into steaks and I couldn't do that. I was frightened it might put a pound on me.

"I've had a rough time but it's something that I've put behind me now."

Hear Ian Cheeseman's extended interview with Brian Greenhoff on Saturday, 19 January from 18:00 GMT and online for the subsequent seven days at bbc.co.uk/radiomanchester.

Grayson sai sitten potkut Huddersfieldin managerin paikalta 11 kuukauden jälkeen.Puolet tän kauden Champpari porukoista on jo erottanut managerin kesken kauden.Taitaa olla aika kovat menestymispaineet useammalakin seuralla.

[pre]
Former Leeds United striker David Healy has been accused of assault, it was revealed in court today.
The 33-year-old, who scored 34 goals for Northern Ireland, did attend Laganside Magistrates’ Court for his first
appearance this morning.
He is accused of assaulting James Geroid Crossan on May 26 last year.
 Healy’s defence solicitor Richard McConkey requested a two week adjournment for the case.
[/pre]
[URL]http://www.yorkshireeveningpo...s-united-striker-accused-of-assault-1-5407143
[/URL]

Shaun Derry siirtyi Millwalliin lainalle kuukaudeksi Ärristä. Oisko meillä ollut käyttöä?

Ja 3- metrinen Eenokki Showumni teki yhden maalin liigacupin ottelussa Nott´s Countylle.

Back